Statute Governing Issuance of ROC Visas in Foreign Passports
Enforcement Rules for the Issuance of ROC Visas to Foreign-Passport
Standard Fee Rates for ROC Visas in Foreign Passports
Resident Visa Application
Visitor Visa Application
APEC Business Travel Guide
Regulation of Visa-Exempt Entry and Landing Visas for Foreigners
Standard Fee Rates for ROC Visas in Foreign Passports
Approved under the Executive Yuan's order (Tai 90) No. 060078 on October 17, 2001.
Promulgated under MOFA's administrative order (Wai 90) Lin 2 No. 9069000790 on October 19, 2001.
Promulgated under BOCA’s order No. 09269011180 on June 20, 2003
Enter into force on June 20, 2003
- Article 1
- These rates are prescribed in accordance with Article 14 of the Statue Governing the Issuance of ROC Visas in Foreign Passports (hereinafter referred to as the Statute).
- Article 2
The prescribed fees include:
- Visa fees
- Special handling fees
- Postage and telegram charges.
The aforementioned fees, specified in accordance with Article 3, 4, and 5, of the Statute, shall be charged according to the location where a visa application is submitted and shall be paid in the currency specified as follows:
- For applications for visas made in the Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as the ROC), the prescribed fees shall be paid in New Taiwan dollars (hereinafter referred to as NT dollars).
- For application at ports of entry in the ROC, the prescribed fees shall be paid in NT or US dollars.
- For application made outside the ROC (hereinafter referred to as overseas), the prescribed fees shall be paid in US dollars. If paid in the local currency, the amount shall be converted by the ROC Overseas Missions from the set US dollars fee into the local currency. The fees in the local currency shall be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affair (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry) for approval beforehand.
- Article 3
Fee rates are categorized into visitor visa fees and resident visa fees. The rates are:
- Single Entry Visitor Visa: NT$1,200 per application if applied for in the ROC; US$36 per application if applied for overseas.
- Multiple Entry Visitor Visa: NT$2,400 per application if applied for in the ROC; US$72 per application if applied for overseas.
- Single Entry Resident Visa: NT$2,200 per application if applied for in the ROC; US$66 per application if applied for overseas.
- Multiple Entry Resident Visa: NT$3,000 per application if applied for in the ROC; US$90 per application if applied for overseas.
If more than eight persons wish to enter and exit the ROC as a group at the same time, they may apply for a group visitor visa and each member of the group shall be charged 50% of the original fee.
- Article 4
The following special handling fees shall apply to the cases listed below:
- An additional charge of NT$800 or US$24 shall apply to applications for visas upon arrival at the ports of entry in the ROC.
- An additional 50% charge over the rates stipulated in the previous article according to the different types of visa shall apply to Rush Handling. However, if the request for Rush Handling is made in response to emergency situations or to fulfill official duties, the applicant may be exempted from the additional charge.
- An additional charge of NT$800 or US$24 shall apply to applications made in the ROC by visitor visa holders who apply for a visit visa or a resident visa.
- If the country of the visa applicant charges a special handling fee to ROC passport-holders when they apply for visas from that country, the visa applicant shall be charged a special handling fee of equal amount for each ROC visa application.
The Rush Handling stipulated in item (2) means the dispatching of special personnel to process the application immediately, or the early visa issuance by the Ministry or ROC Overseas Missions according to the urgency of the application.
- Article 5
Postage and telegram charges include telegram fees incurred by the Ministry and the Missions for processing visa applications and postage charges incurred by ROC Overseas Missions for mailing visas, passports or other relevant application forms.
The aforementioned telegram fees shall be stipulated by the Ministry and may vary in different regions. The postage costs for mailing documents shall be determined according to the cost of each application incurred by the ROC Overseas Missions.
- Article 6
ROC Overseas Missions shall promulgate the fee rates and their equivalent amount in local currencies. Unless, under special circumstances, ROC Overseas Missions may be exempted from promulgating the fee rates provided approved by the Ministry.
- Article 7
If visa applications are denied, the application fees charged are not refundable. Exceptions will be granted only under special circumstances and with the approval of the Ministry.
The charged fees are not refundable when the issued visas are invalidated or canceled in accordance with Article 13 of the Statute.
- Article 8
Receipts indicating the currency and amount charged shall be produced when payments are received. However, for certain cases as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 22 of the National Treasury Law, receipts may be waived.
- Article 9
These fee rates are subject to changes by the Ministry according to price fluctuations in the ROC and abroad, variations of exchange rates, and adjustments to the procedures for collecting the fees.
(In case of any discrepancy between the Chinese and English texts of the Statute, the Chinese text shall prevail: For more information, visit http://www.boca.gov.tw/)